What is PST™?
The Pinhole Surgical Technique PST™ is a new procedure in which Drs. Hager or Bowers have received specialized training and uses patented instruments to make a small hole in your gum to add collagen material which stabilizes the area of gum recession. This new method is simple and minimally invasive – scalpel free and suture free.
Why Do We Get Gum Recession?
While gum recession is usually viewed as one of the symptoms of gum disease, it can also be caused by insufficient tooth brushing, overly aggressive tooth brushing or from certain medications that can affect gum health. Gum recession can even be caused by orthodontic treatments and appliances like braces or retainers.
Benefits of PST™
- Minimally invasive
- Suture free and scalpel free
- Reduces some of the side effects of traditional gum surgery (bleeding, swelling, gum pain)
- Near-immediate cosmetic improvement
- Accelerated recovery
- One visit can treat multiple areas of recession
If you have any concerns about possible gum recession, or are worried about the side effects of gum grafting, contact our office today to schedule an appointment. We will be happy to discuss the details and benefits of The Pinhole Surgical Technique PST™.
* Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique®™ and PST®™ are registered trademarks of John Chao DDS MAGD, 2008